Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WHOW HAUS ... I Ain't No MLM Cowboy!

Rodeo has a men’s event called steer roping. These guys are pros and they love the roar of the Sunday crowd cheering them on as they chase a steer into the dust. That works for them and that’s OK.

Now, put a city dude, in a three-piece suit, on that same horse. Then tell him to chase down and rope a steer for the fastest time of the day. That’ll amuse the crowd, but the city dude will be petrified.

In my early MLM business days I felt like that city dude.

No one had prepared me to ride this powerful, wild-eyed stallion called "MLM", let alone how to bulldog that other fearsome beast they call "a prospect". Both of these creatures scared me right down to my Patton leather shoes.

I just wasn’t cut out to be a MLM wrangler.

That’s how most folks feel when some cowboy recruiter shows them this exciting business. He puts them in the saddle with a load of hype, & then turns them lose with the words, “Get ‘er done!“

Roping and bulldogging frightened prospects isn't for you either?
That's OK. Actually you're pretty normal. In fact, you don't have to be a cowboy to be a success in MLM. You can build a profitable business without bruises and saddle sores.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill

I really enjoyed this story. I too, am from a rural town and I related to this story well. It is very well written and it gave me a good feeling when I read it. Everything that you wrote is so true. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story and lesson.

Derek Hames