Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't Get Scammmed - Trouble Times Two

In my post from October 2008, target_"new""Don't Get Scammed - Free Report Makes It Easy", I showed how simple it is to avoid being scammed. Hwever, there's one thing I didn't mention in that report.

If You Get Scammed The Feds Could Get You Too!

Recently my wife received a sweepstakes notice of winnings. Well, as you can imagine our "BS" meters were on full tilt from the start. So we went by the numbers & did our due diligence. Sure enough the Federal Trade Commission told us it's a scam, & then they dropped the bomb on us.

If we had deposited the check that came to us in the envelope we received we could have been charged with "participating in a scam"! The FTC representative who informed us of this told us it did not matter that we had not initiated this scam - we would have still been "criminally liable".

This reminded me of my school boy days when I'd been punished right alongside another boy I'd gotten in a fight with. The other kid started it, but I got in trouble anyway. I guess the FTC follows the same policy my principal did, "I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it!"

So there you have it, just one more reason to make sure you don't get scammed. After all, my principal just gave us a few whacks with a paddle & told us to behave - the Feds on the other hand might lock you up!

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore

2 comments:

Gary McElwain said...

That's why they say "The devil is in the details" You really have to read that fine print.

Thanks for the insight Bill

Gary McElwain

Bill Tessore said...

Hi Gary,

Too true, & that is why I am so glad I was introduced to the "Success In 10 Steps" ebook. Without the insights found in it we could well have been taken for everything we have.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore