Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prospecting Q & A: "Do You Have Any 'Killer Comebacks'?"

A strange thing happens to some people when they become network marketers. They seem to think there's some foreign language that mystically molds the responses of prospects to the desires of the networker. They think this new lingo will eradicate the "No's" and cause prospects to be predictably decisive.

These "closing statements" are like "Alice in Wonder Land" … they're not part of the real MLM world.

The following example will show what I mean.

Question:

"I can generate leads in many different ways and even get them to contact me. Our conversations are productive and seemingly good prospects get information. Then when it comes time to follow-up with them they seem to go into the Witness Protection Program, or they won't make a decision at all."

"Can you give me some killer comebacks so prospects will get back to me and tell me either 'yes' or 'no'? I can work with 'yes', and accept 'no', but 'maybe' is just impossible."

Answer:

"Here's what's happening."

==> Some people don't call back because they don't want to talk to us.
==> Some aren't interested in the opportunity.
==> Some might think we're too pushy.
==> Some think we're going to 'close' them.
==> Or perhaps their questions weren't answered."

"So, rather than using "killer comebacks" lets look at the reasons they find decision making difficult.
In order for prospects to make quicker decisions they need you to answer these 3 questions for them right away."

1. "What kind of business are you in?"

"Be very specific. Don't just say, 'I'm in health and wellness.' That could mean you're a physical therapist, or a chiropractor. If you don't follow-up such a statement with, 'Which means …', then your prospect probably will stay on the fence. Most prospects want to know more before they make an important business decision like this.

2. "How much money can I make?"

3. "What exactly must I do to earn that money?"

The ONLY thing you should ever "close".

After you answer these three questions quickly and precisely, ask your prospect this simple question, "OK, what do you think?"

This answers your prospects next question set:

==> "Are you done talking?
==> And possibly, "Is there a graceful way to back out?

This closes the door on these last two questions, along with anyothers that could pop up by leaving them unanswered.

Here are the most likely questions that can pop up if you don't answer your prospects first three questions quickly and exactly.

==> "Will I have to do humiliating things if I join this company?"
==> "Will I have to do things outside of my comfort zone?"
==> "Am I qualified to do the things expected of me?"

Our prospects respond to us based upon what we do and do not say. "Killer comebacks" used to get a "yes" or "no" response are poison to your business success.

If quick, easy, and predictable sponsoring results are important to you, then you've got to get to the point quickly and with surgical precision. Tell your prospects exactly what kind of business you are in, how much money they can make, and what they have to do to make that money.

You will find that more prospects will make quicker, more definite decisions more regularly when you leave nothing to chance by answering these three crucial questions right away. And never, never neglect to weed out the "maybes" by neglecting to offer a graceful way out with the question, "So, what do you think?"

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore

2 comments:

Gary McElwain said...

Well, I think you bring up some important points in this post. I've heard that you hav from 10 to 20 seconds to make an impression on somebody.

With a business that is difficult to project. Sometimes it takes that long to say the name. So yes make your point and point the attention on them.

Great idea, will they answer?

Gary McElwain

Bill Tessore said...

Hi Gary,

You're right about the short window of time you have to make an impression. In fact, I believe I've herd somewhere that many people begin to finalize their initial impression as earlier as 3 seconds out.

Rest assured there will be a response, & the one you want to hear will come as a result of a quick, exacting introduction from you.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore