Thursday, March 12, 2009

What I Almost Missed At A Tom "Big Al" Schreiter Workshop

Last Sunday night I attended a Tom "Big Al" Schreiter workshop. I expected a room full of people eager to learn what Tom had to teach them. Instead, I was the croud..

Predictably, after 30 minutes of chit chat we were disappointed when noe one else showed. Then when the head chef came in to explain that Al's seminar had been mistakenly scheduled for earlier that morning I thought, "Uh oh, here come fire works."

Not from Big Al though. He really took it like a professional. He calmly accepted what had happened & then invited me to join him for dinner. What a sport!

I've been following & gaining insight from the "Big Al" Report & telephone trainings for some time now. So naturally I anticipated picking his brain for valuable tips. Here's what happened instead.

While we waited for our order Mr. Schreiter asked me many questions about how my business was going, how I came to meet my wife, & several other topics of interest to me.

After shaking hands, saying goodbye, & walking away with a hand-full of training CDs I reflected on what took place. Here's what I found.

Tom subtly & smoothly focused on what is important to me. I was his center of attention. I was made to feel valued & interesting.

The lesson Tom "Big Al" Schreiter taught me is, no matter what happens, never lose sight of who & what is important to your business success. Your team or prospects, no matter how few, are number one.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore

2 comments:

Gary McElwain said...

Bill

What a great story, talk about a life lesson you may never forget.
By the way how was the dinner.

Gary McElwain

Bill Tessore said...

Yes, it was memorable. As for the meal, nothing fancy. Just tow guys eating what they like. I had a side of hot wings & Tom shared some of his vegie pizza with me.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore