Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MLM Lead Scam Revealed - Part 2

In "MLM Lead Scam Revealed" I showed what's really been going on in the leads sales industry. Now I'll share my own story into this shadowy under world.

Since the dawn of the internet age the MLM lead sales industry has built fortunes by bamboozling would-be entrepreneurs into believing the only proven system for success in network marketing is buying leads & then making hundreds of calls a week to get new people into their deal. And some industry leaders have joined the fun by making "deals" with those leads companies.

Here are two truths about MLM & the leaders in it.

1. You must have a proven system for success to build your business & team. Contacting over-sold leads is a proven system for failure for most in MLM.

2. A MLM "leader" has experience with integrity. Even super recruiters can't duplicate their success ... but they won't tell you that.

My personal MLM lead scam story.

After I joined a MLM company a fellow rep, living in my area began promoting a lead sales & auto-responder system. She was having "success" with this system so many of us started using that system. Let's call that system BamboozleBiz.com.

What few in our company knew at the time was BamboozleBiz.com had discretely contracted this woman as a spokes person & trainer.

Many reps in our company bought hundreds, even thousands, of dollars worth of BamboozleBiz.com leads& spent countless hours training to learn how to use the auto-responder system & the phone scripts. Some even went to high-ticket seminars for additional training.

I never had any success recruiting with these leads & had come to the conclusion I'd just not spent enough time & money on the training to make this system work. And of course, I hadn't even considered going to those seminars for that additional training the "real leaders" participated in.

This lead system trainer had set up a weekly training session at a local restaurant. One day while at one such meeting one of our number showed up late only to announce he was dropping out of the company.

When asked "Why?" he told us he'd spent more than he could afford to & was there to sell off the last of the BamboozleBiz leads he had in an effort to cut his losses.

Needless to say those leads were bought up immediately by one of the "real leaders" at our table. I still remember the look of serene resignation on the face of that trainer as she bad this poor fellow good-bye & good luck.

As the man walked away, his shattered dreams leaving a pool of blood all over our table & our hearts, an uneasy feeling began to grow in the pit of my stomach.

Time passed & I dropped my BamboozleBiz subscription & that MLM company to follow my sponsor to something else. Then my sponsor told me that the woman who had set up those local area meetings to help us learn to use the BamboozleBiz.com system had made a deal with that leads company.

That knot in my stomach exploded into vapor! To put it mildly I felt betrayed.

While it was true this woman did build a team of her own within the MLM company my sponsor & I had just left, it is also true that she was passing herself off as a mentor who was helping anyone she could out of the goodness of her heart.

What an actress!

The truth is that woman was raking in a handsome income from the sales of BamboozleBiz.com leads. And at the same time she was stepping over the carcasses of those who could not duplicate her success as they could not duplicate that "deal".

Several years later I heard that this same woman who had made that "deal" with BamboozleBiz.com had started her own MLM business. I couldn't help but wonder how big a factor that "deal" played in helping her fund that new company. Hmmm ...

So, do you think hers is a 5 Pillars company?

HINT:

Pillar #1 is "Company Management Experience With Integrity", and Pillar #5 is "A Proven System For Duplication."

You do the math.

I appreciate you,

Bill Tessore

No comments: